Dr. Paul M. Wood was a bibliophile and collector of anesthetic equipment and memorabilia. This resulted in a combined library-museum in his home. In the early 1930s, Dr. Wood formally presented his personal collection to the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA). The naming of the Wood Library-Museum of Anesthesiology coincided with Dr. Wood's appointment by the Society as permanent librarian-curator. In addition to being the first WLM curator, Dr. Wood was also the first Secretary of the American Board of Anesthesiology and the very first recipient of the ASA’s Distinguished Service Award (1945).
Catalog Record: Wood, Paul M.